When I sat down at my computer this morning I realized I still haven’t put away my luggage from my recent trip to the annual Intl. Christian Retail Show in Denver, CO. Oh, I’ve unpacked, it’s just the luggage hasn’t made it into the closet yet. Note to self–put away suitcases.
So what have I done in the two weeks since I got home all super-charged and full of ideas for marketing and writing and re-dedicating every stroke of my pen–so to speak–to the Lord?
1. Approached the throne room of grace with a petition that my writing be God inspired and God approved and not just something I do for my own personal gratification. I need to do this dilligently, lest I become full of self and forget the One who gave me this ability and opportunity in the first place.
2. Started a new novel–a Mary Higgins Clark type mystery I am very excited about.
3. Scheduled speaking engagements for late summer/fall, including a huge book launch on September 15th for the release of my latest book, The Ultimate Guide to Darcy Carter.
4. Read a couple fiction books I picked up at the convention. One I liked better than the other, but I’m not mentioning any names at this time.
4. And starting today, I’ll be blogging every Monday morning on behalf of the Tsaba House authors.
Christopher, Sam, Aaron, and I decided this blog would be a great way to connect with readers and each other. On this blog, you’ll have the opportunity to see how four different authors from four different genres find inspiration, research, outline, study, and everything else necessary to go from a nagging idea that won’t let us sleep at night to a book on the latest bestseller list.
Let’s not forget, this blog will prove to the bosses at Tsaba House that we are serious about this marketing thing. So help us out and check out this blog on a regular basis. As for Mondays, that’s my gig. You’ll have to come back tomorrow to see who’s on deck with words of wisdom to uplift and inspire you.
Until next Monday, have a blessed week. May you arise each morning with a song in your heart and a desire to have a positive influence on the people around you.